On July 25, 2021 the Harbor Master’s Officer released the most recent sounding report. The soundings taken on 7/25/2021 @ 0715 at -1.2 tide. Please note that this map is not intended for navigation purposes, try to enter and exit during high tides.
The association held our annual meeting via Zoom on Jan. 14th, 2021
31 members attended, in addition to outgoing board members and current and nominated board members.
Our Harbormaster, Scott Grindy was also in attendance and provided the association the annual report of accomplishments and plans for the current calendar year.
Highlights from the meeting:
- The minutes of the last annual meeting were unanimously approved by all parties.
- Outgoing President, Paul Manning is relocating to the East Coast and we thank him for his contributions.
- The treasurer reports good financial standing and reminds members to renew their membership.
- We welcome new Board Member, Director, Alex Mulder, and congratulate newly elected President, Mark Hensley
- Harbormaster, Scott Grindy shared great progress on the $190 Million settlement agreement with PG&E to clean-up, remediate and rebuild East Harbor
View the recording of the meeting on our YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/H8YTcQv9Vgo
Contact SFMHA Secretary, Kurt Hemmingsen should you have any questions.
SF Marina Harbor Annual Meeting – Thursday, January 14, 2021 – 7 PM Pacific – via ZOOM
To join the webinar please click: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89143935196
Or call 1 669 900 9128
Webinar ID: 891 4393 5196
Approval of Minutes of Annual Meeting
Election of Officers and Directors
Establishment of working parties on:
– Docks, gates, wi-fi, bathrooms, dredging – all physical aspects of the harbor
– Review and oversight of Harbor finances; operations, capital improvements, variance analysis – Actual versus Plan
– Rules and Regulations – out of date and need to be more rational
– East Harbor Project – light a fire under it!
– Communications to and among berth holders – social media, website, email, and meetings
Harbormaster, Scott Grindy, will attend and discuss a wide range of topics, plus take Q&A – details below:
– East Harbor Renovation – Scope and Timing
– West Basin Entrance Dredging
– Repurposing former harbormaster office building – Additional bathrooms for berth holders versus chandler and yacht broker
– West Harbor Security Camera System
– Wi-Fi so berth holders can install cameras on their boats
– Parking issues – problems with commuters, RVs, and Uber/Lyft drivers – metering the parking spaces to eliminate all-day commuter parking is under discussion
Our nominating committee has proposed the following slate of officers, and we’ll take nominations from the floor:
President, Mark Hensley | firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President & Treasurer, Bruce Stone | email@example.com
Secretary & Webmaster, Kurt Hemmingsen | firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Albert Wetter | Albert@awetter.com
Director, Alex Mulder | Alex@polaris-re.com
Director, Al Cavey | email@example.com
Director, Risley Sams | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share this notice with other berth-holders who might not be members. See you at the meeting via ZOOM on the 14th!
Bruce J. Stone
Acting President, SF Marina Harbor Association
— Dredging plans; potential extension of breakwater south from Wave Organ
— Harbor Security, Staffing, Parking, More Cameras
— Renovation of degaussing station and timing of moving the office
— East Harbor
Update from the Harbor Association
Election of officers & directors for the coming year – please contact us if you are interested
in serving, as well as any additional topics you’d like us to research before the meeting.
West harbor entrance soundings report from the harbormaster.